How Does Sentry Live Remote Guarding Stop Crime Before It Happens?
Businesses that have been victimized know that crimes such as theft, vandalism, and fraud cause a ripple effect of losses that result in a lasting negative impact. This is why most businesses seek to put the right technologies in place to deter crime before it happens. Today, one of the most effective tools to do that is Remote Video Guarding.
What Is Sentry Live Remote Guarding?
Sentry Live Remote Guarding combines the latest video surveillance technologies, video analytics, and crime intervention specialists who provide real-time audio response while following a customizable escalation protocol that can include contacting law enforcement. The real and active presence of Sentry Live is immediately evident to anyone acting suspiciously or performing unwanted actions. It is a proactive rather than reactive solution.
Sentry Live force multiplies your security presence by turning every video surveillance camera into a remote guard that can cover the entire facility simultaneously, even in remote or dark locations. Since it covers every area at once, criminals can never take advantage of a physical guard’s schedule that can leave parts of the property unprotected.
Why is Remote Video Guarding Effective?
A 2012 University of North Carolina study found that half of all surveyed burglars would flee the area after discovering cameras. Moreover, 60% of burglars said they wouldn’t rob a business if they had prior knowledge of a video surveillance system. Remote Guarding uses the power of video surveillance and combines it with analytics and real-time audio intervention, providing exponentially increased effectiveness.
How Remote Guarding Works
- State-of-the-art video surveillance technologies backed by artificial intelligence provide simultaneous, 24/7 surveillance.
- Analytics detects activity before a crime occurs and alerts a live, professional crime intervention specialist.
- The crime Intervention specialist reviews the footage and monitors current activity, verifying any active threats.
- In the case of a real threat, the crime specialist provides an immediate voice down and warns the intruder over a loudspeaker. In most cases, audio intervention is enough to resolve the incident.
- Where appropriate, the specialist contacts law enforcement and presents the evidence.
Is Remote Guarding Really Worth It?
It is wise to evaluate the efficacy of any solution used to protect a business. For those evaluating security solutions, they may wonder what makes remote guarding worth it? Here are the top benefits of live remote monitoring.
- Reduced security spend
- Reduced risks to employees, visitors, and customers
- Increased security presence
- Immediate intervention
- Unobtrusive security
- Decreased crime and losses
- On-site guards can be deployed more effectively
- Increased visibility and oversight
Commercial Security in DFW
Sentry Security Solutions is a commercial and residential physical security technology provider. Locally owned and operated, the company offers fully customized solutions using the most advanced technologies available today.
With services in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and DFW, Sentry Security Solutions has you covered. We listen carefully to our clients and combine our expertise with experience to create solutions that meet their needs.
Have more questions? Give us a call at 817-882-6446